looking for.

For all things dealing with the creation of the avatar system and items.

Moderator: Moderators

looking for.

Postby Hazumu on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:46 pm

someone to willingly help me create items, or teach me their ways. if you teach me your ways i need lots of hand on help in learning because well if its not spelled out for me exactly how to do it i get frustrated and give up i don't like to experiment much until i have a good idea of how to do something. i know lame lame lame!
The girl that fell in love with a girl!
Hazumu
Panda!

Postby Ranzear on Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:17 pm

First would be to get the GIMP. http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

Get used to it a bit, figure out how to manipulate layers (use dropdown menus in the image window, not the main window) and tools first, get everything setup how you would like to to be available to you.

Use the avatar base as your base layer, create a new layer on top of that for outlines and such, a layer on top of that for color fills, a layer above that for shadows, and a layer above that for highlights.
Do they layers in that order and you should end up with a fairly nice image if you have any shading/highlighting talent. Use a solid color a little darker than intended so it shows out in the highlights. For the shadows and highlights use a blue and a yellow at about 4-8% opacity.

Everything is just practice with the program though.
Apparently we still can't have blank signatures.
Ranzear
Is horrible with dates

Postby Hazumu on Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:11 pm

Ranzear wrote:First would be to get the GIMP. http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

Get used to it a bit, figure out how to manipulate layers (use dropdown menus in the image window, not the main window) and tools first, get everything setup how you would like to to be available to you.

Use the avatar base as your base layer, create a new layer on top of that for outlines and such, a layer on top of that for color fills, a layer above that for shadows, and a layer above that for highlights.
Do they layers in that order and you should end up with a fairly nice image if you have any shading/highlighting talent. Use a solid color a little darker than intended so it shows out in the highlights. For the shadows and highlights use a blue and a yellow at about 4-8% opacity.

Everything is just practice with the program though.

thanks for the info. i have photoshop already would that work better? if not its cool just an idear!
Hazumu
Panda!

Postby Tsuki on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:01 pm

Photoshop works good. Check on the FAQ's and read through the tutorials to get a basic grip on what you'll have to learn to do items.

Practice, practice.
Tsuki

Postby Hazumu on Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:31 pm

Tsuki wrote:Photoshop works good. Check on the FAQ's and read through the tutorials to get a basic grip on what you'll have to learn to do items.

Practice, practice.

thanks Tsuki!
Hazumu
Panda!

Postby stormy on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:13 am

http://www.catgirlz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20874

it's all laid out in there, including links to tutorials members here have done.

if you need some help, aim me. but i'll quite probably be at work unless you're up really freakin' weird hours. so leave me a message, and i'll get back to you asap. or you could pm me here. same difference. o3o
<3
stormy
Has too much time on their hands.

Postby Hazumu on Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

thanks for the helps
Hazumu
Panda!

Return to Avatar Developement